Monday, January 9, 2012

January 2, 2012

FIRST DAY OF WORK!!!

I didn't sleep at all the first night, nerves and so much built up anticipation kept me wide awake. That morning I got up, got dressed and my devotion was this... (which at the time it didn't mean as much to me) "I want to make your life a glorious adventure, but you must stop striving for a lifestyle that feels safe. I know how ambivalent your heart is in all of this. You long or adventure that a life abandoned to me can be, and at the same time, you cling to old ways because change frightens you. Though you feel safest when your life is predictable and things seem to be under control, I want you to break free and discover adventures i have planned for you. (little did I know my first day at work was going to be some sort of "adventure") It goes on to say this "When unexpected events shake up your routines, rejoice. This is exactly what you need, to wake you up and pint you toward me. Recognize that you are the threshold of a new adventure, and that I will be with you each step of the way. As we venture abandon yourself to me, the more exuberantly you can experience my love."

Needless to say I worked from 7am-7pm with out breaks, and it was definitely and adventure that woke me up. I had to share with you all the devotion because it really brought peace and comfort to me through out the day, when I didn't think I was going to be able to take another step!!!

After work Mom and I went to this Mexican Restaurant Lucy's! It was cute! and Then we both hit the hay!

3 comments:

  1. Loved your post on your devotional. Looking forward to hearing about life in the Big Apple. Have a good week at work. Much love, AS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog!!! But did you really post that at 3:58? Would that be up early or up late? Get some rest! We love you! L,S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Susan!! NO way, I posted it Sunday afternoon, I am not sure maybe my computer times are crazy!!

    ReplyDelete