Monday, January 9, 2012

January 3, 2012


Tuesday was much harder for me to get up! Monday I worked from 7am-7pm, needless to say I slept like a baby!! Today my devotion was very much another appropriate one! (and I want all of you to know that with out these devotions and of course all of your supportive emails, letters, and texts I would not be able to get through my days!!) So here goes… “Your awareness of your deep need for me is a profound strength. People who think they don’t’ need me are in serious trouble, because they rely on their own insufficient abilities. I am training you to depend on me-your strength. (when I read this, immediately I thought, well ok Lord your exactly right, you’ve put me in the middle of a enormous city where I literally know no one! What a great opportunity to shake me from my comforts.) It goes on to say this “Living in a fallen world can weigh you down. However, as you keep looking to me, I make your feet like the feet of a deer. (Chase would enjoy that one! Haha) I lighten your load so much that you hardly notice the jagged rocks beneath your feet or the steepness of your ascent. Before you know it, you are on the high places with me!  You need to remember that I am Sovereign. I will not help you go along a path that is not my choice for you. So its vital to commit your way to me, asking me to lead each step of the way. This is how you collaborate with me as I enable you to go on the heights.”

My prayer today is this: talk to him, pray with him. He is there with you and for you always! He wants to hear from us so that he can lead us! He is never going to give you a task you can’t handle. (trust me, I think about it every time I am forced to get on to the scary subway!!) haha!!

Lots of love and smiles always!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Holls!!!!! I love the blog and devotionals! God knows what He is doing sending you that little piece of sunshine each morning to keep you going. What devotional do you read? I like it. I am thinking about you always!! Miss you and love you lots!

    ReplyDelete